Thursday, September 27, 2012

Astros name a new Manager. Who is Bo Porter?

Bo Porter? No, Andy Devine

Who is Bo Porter?

Let’s talk about the Astros new manager Bo Porter.  Great name, don’t know that much about him.
His name sounds like an old cowboy character actor who starred in western serials on TV in the 1950’s.  But I don't think that's the guy the Astros named as their new manager.

 
Bo Porter?  Wasn’t the Nick Nolte’s character in Rich Man – Poor Man?
Here's our Bo Porter

Astros New Manager Bo Porter

When they named Kirk Gibson interim manager for the Diamondbacks, Mr. Gibson named Bo Porter the bench coach.  If he's good enough for Kirk Gibson, that gives me some confidence.  Presently, Mr. Porter is the third base coach for the Washington Nationals.

The only thing I know about Bo Porter happened this year, when Cubs manager Dale Sveum was pissing and moaning from the dugout at Mr. Porter, who was coaching third, because he felt like the Washington Nationals were piling on by swinging at a 3-0 pitch.  Finally, Bo Porter went over and told him to knock it off.  I love it.
Here's a transcript I discovered of the conversation that took place that day...

Dale Sveum:  Come on.  You guys are winning by 5, give us a break.
Bo Porter: Sit your monkey ass down and shut up before I come down there and start cleaning clocks.
Dale Sveum: The point I was trying to make is that this is a gentleman's game and you fellas aren't being very gentlemanly. 
Bo Porter: Last warning, shut your pie hole or I will force a goat to have sex with you and curse you guys for another 100 years.
Dale Sveum: Why, I never.
Bo Porter: I bet you haven't.
Third Base Umpire: Oh snap!
 
The Astros need a tough manager and Bo Porter looks like he could do the job.  I like the idea of Bo Porter, I hope it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment