Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Extra Wild Card Spot - Fact and Fiction

Extra Wild Card Spot - Fact and Fiction

Fact:  It did not make the race for this year's post season race more exciting.  I don't know if you remember last year, but it came down to the last game for 4 different teams last year.  I predict the Wild Card spot will be settled before then and teams will be resting guys for their one game playoff.

Fact: One game playoff gives an advantage to the teams who won their division.  I like that idea in principal, but what about a team that wins their division with less wins then the wild card team?   Why should the division winner get a break if they have less wins?  That doesn't seem fair.

Fact: It allows two cities to enjoy the post season, which I think is cool, and it's not like Basketball where over half the teams get in.

Fiction: The loser of the Wild Card elimination game will be forced to strip naked and prance around the bases to the song Alley Cat.  I'm not sure when I started this rumor but that's all it was, a rumor.   

Fact: All that said, I like the extra wild card team set up.  I hope it works but right now, the only exciting race is the American League Central where the Tigers are tied with the White Sox with nine games left to play.


No comments:

Post a Comment