Monday, March 19, 2012

Tony La Russa is writing a book




Tony La Russa is scheduled to release a book this fall about his amazing career titled “One Last Strike: Fifty Years in Baseball, Ten and a Half Games Back, and One Final Championship Season,”.  I wish he would have called me, I’m an Emmy award winning writer I could help with the title.  Here are some ideas

Looking the Other Way: I thought everyone had acne on his back and tiny black balls: The Tony La Russa Story
Or
Riding the Steroid Wave: From Oakland to St. Louis.   This title lends itself to a great cover with the beach filled with McGwire, Cansaco, Giambi and a cartoon LaRussa on a surf board catching a wave.
Or
Asleep At The Wheel: I Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Driver.  The Tony La Russa Story
This isn’t about Tony ignoring steroid use but his arrest for DUI in Jupiter, FL.  Even though he was making 2.8 million dollars in 2007 he was drunk and discovered asleep behind the wheel in the middle of an intersection.   The cover would be his mugshot.

And my last title…
HALL OF FAME BOUND: Thank God Cooperstown Doesn’t Discriminate Against A Coach Who’s Responsible For Overseeing Steroid Use: The Tony La Russa Story.

1 comment:

  1. He could call it "Who the Fuck is Abner Doubleday, I invented the Damn Game"

    ReplyDelete