Thursday, July 5, 2012

All Star Manager Tony La Russa Holds A Grudge

Tony La Russa would never hold a grudge against a puppy

Red's manager Dusty Baker accused Tony La Russa of snubbing Brandon Phillips and Johnny Cueto for the All Star team because of an altercation the two had with the St. Louis Cardinals in the past.

Mr. Cueto is 9-4 with a 2.23 ERA

Johnny Cueto stated of the snub...
"I see that I have great numbers.  I thought the way I pitched this year, I'd have a chance to go to the All-Star Game. I don't know what happened. I don't if know the manager of All-Star Game is pissed at me because I went out with one of his girlfriends."

I'm not a big fan of Tony La Russa, he was the manager of the steroid era, yet he's seemed to come out of it without so much as a blemish.  If the baseball-asswipe refuse to vote for players with links to PED's, then they shouldn't vote for Mr. La Russa when he becomes eligible. 

Mr. La Russa oversaw 2 different teams with numerous admitted steroid users. He's been in baseball long enough to know that something wasn't right. Maybe he's like Rain man and instead of math skills, he only knows how to manage baseball and doesn't notice guys putting on 35 pounds of muscle in 4 months.

Anyway, I don't dig Mr. La Russa.  Now, back to the question?

Did he hold a grudge against Mr. Cueto to keep him off the All-Star team?

There is no way of telling.

I know one thing, I would have held a grudge against Johnny Cueto.  During a bench clearing brawl,
Mr. Cueto acted like an asshole, sitting on the rail, kicking like a girl and he ended up injury Jason La Rue.  The concussion that Mr. La Rue sustained in the brawl would ultimately cost him the remainder of his baseball career.  So as for Mr. Cueto,  F*## that guy.



Mr. Cueto would have to go 12-0 and throw 2 no-hitters for me to let him on my All-Star team, even then I wouldn't start him.  If I used him, it would be for a righty versus righty situation and then I'd pull him.

That said they're were plenty of qualified National League pitchers this year so Mr. La Russa didn't even have to play the grudge card.  Now Coach La Russa mouthed off trying to defend himself against Red's manager Dusty Baker...
"If Dusty had been more interested in Cueto being on the team, then he wouldn't be pitching him on Sunday. Cueto probably would be on the team if he wasn't pitching Sunday."      Tony La Russa

 Now Mr. Cueto's agent is suggesting he might file a grievances with baseball because under the new collective bargaining agreement, all pitchers are available to pitch in the All-Star game, but if you throw on Sunday you can only pitch one inning.

So Mr. La Russa had to back peddle and release another statement saying he never said that was the sole reason Mr. Cueto wasn't on the team. 

Now that Mr. La Russa is retired,  it must be fun to come back and manage a game.
Have a great time, Tony!


No comments:

Post a Comment