Friday, August 3, 2012

Baseball Card Friday - Jerry Turner




Baseball Card Friday - Jerry Turner,  San Diego Padres 1979

This card makes me smile every time I see it.  It's the perfect uniform-hair-do combination.   Just from the picture I bet he was the funniest guy in the back of the plane during road trips.

Don't know that much about Mr. Turner.  He looks like a big guy but was surprised to find out he's listed at 5'9, 180.

I have a bunch of his cards.  He had 2 different rookie cards.

One in 75 and another in 76.

I don't know who hold the record for most rookie cards but I know Lou Piniella had 3 rookie cards


He played for the Padres, White Sox and Tigers.  I bet he would have looked cool in an Expos uniform.

Have a great weekend.  Proclaim your rarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment